Investigators responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of research are required to complete COI training. Investigators must complete COI training PRIOR to engaging in sponsored research, at least every four (4) years thereafter, and immediately when an investigator is new to UCF.
UCF CITI-COI Training
UCF is a registered user of the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) program. UCF affiliates (“learners”) are permitted to take UCF CITI-COI training courses free of cost. CITI provides a certificate of training to the learner and sends automated notifications to the ORC-COI Office once a course is complete. A passing score of 80% or more is required for course completion.
UCF CITI-COI training includes three REQUIRED modules under the Conflict of Interest Mini-Course:
1. CITI Conflict of Interest Course-Introduction (ID: 15177)
2. Financial Conflicts of Interest: Overview, Investigator Responsibilities, and COI Rules (ID: 15070)
3. Institutional Responsibilities as They Affect Investigators (ID: 15072)
The following is an OPTIONAL module: Conflicts of Commitment, Conscience, and Institutional Conflicts of Interest (ID: 15073)
Click on the CITI icon to access UCF COI Training
COI Refresher Training
The CITI program will notify UCF affiliated learners 30 days prior to COI training expiration (every 4 years) to complete the COI Refresher course.
UCF CITI-COI Refresher training includes 4 REQUIRED modules:
1. Conflicts of Interest and the PHS Regulations
2. Significant Financial Interests
3. Institutional Obligations as They Affect Investigators
4. COI Management Plans and Noncompliance
For questions regarding CITI- COI Training contact the ORC- COI Office at email@example.com
For login support please contact the Research Information Systems service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical issues should be addressed to email@example.com or (305) 243-7970.
Other COI Training
- Upon request, on-site COI training by the ORC-COI Office may be arranged for the benefit of UCF Colleges, Departments, Centers, and Institutes.
- The Conflict of Interest & Commitment System intranet site also contains system training on topics such as regulatory requirements and definitions, submitting and editing disclosures, and review of disclosures.
- ORI Conflicts of Interest and Commitment Web Modules