Investigators are required to complete university financial conflict of interest training PRIOR to engaging in research and no less than once every 4 years thereafter. University financial conflict of interest training consists of an online COI course through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) program. After an investigator completes the COI Basic Course, the CITI program will notify the learner to complete the COI Refresher Course 30 days prior to COI training expiration.
ORC is responsible for delivering the financial conflicts of interest training and tracking investigator’s training completion. ORC has access to CITI course completion records.
A passing score of 80% or more is required for course completion.
CITI-COI BASIC Course Modules
1. Financial Conflicts of Interest: Overview, Investigator Responsibilities, and COI Rules (COI-Basic) (ID: 15070)
2. Institutional Responsibilities as They Affect Investigators (COI-Basic) (ID: 15072)
The following module is OPTIONAL: Conflicts of Commitment and Conscience (COI-Basic) (ID: 15073)
CITI-COI REFRESHER Course Modules (complete every 4 years after Basic Course)
1. Conflicts of Interest and the PHS Regulations (COI-Refresher) (ID: 16950)
2. Significant Financial Interests (COI-Refresher) (ID: 16951)
3. Institutional Obligations as They Affect Investigators (COI-Refresher) (ID: 16952)
4. COI Management Plans and Noncompliance (COI-Refresher) (ID: 16953)
For questions regarding CITI- COI Training contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For login support please contact the Research Information Systems service desk at email@example.com.
Technical issues should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-529-5929.
Other COI Training
Upon request, on-site COI training by the ORC-Research Integrity Compliance Office may be arranged for the benefit of UCF Colleges, Departments, Centers, and Institutes.
|•||The Conflict of Interest & Commitment System intranet site also contains system training on topics such as regulatory requirements and definitions, submitting and editing disclosures, and review of disclosures.
|•||ORI Conflicts of Interest and Commitment Web Modules|